Monday, 30 December 2013

2014 Goals

Hey Loves,
So, obviously with a new year comes a new start. Many people make one or two big resolutions at the start of the year (and normally break that resolution within a week... Just me?!) but I thought I'd set myself 10 small(ish) goals to achieve throughout 2014!

1. Spend more time with family: This one is crucial for me. I am a massive family girl, and I am surrounded by the most amazing family ever. Unfortunately, this last year or so, I've drifted from some family members and don't spend as much time with them as I would like. So, this year, I am going to make sure I see them as often as I can.

2. Go back to Salsa classes: Earlier in 2013 I started Salsa and it only lasted around 3 months before I gave it up. I've dabbled in it now and again, but I want to do it properly and improve. That means getting over my fear of going to a new venue and sticking with it, even when I struggle!

3. Travel more: This is pretty self explanatory I'm sure, but I want to visit more places this year... I have 2 weekends away booked (one in Feb and one in November) and I want to go abroad in the summer as well. I've spent the last 5 or 6 years not travelling and I am craving some relaxation and some sun! ;)

4. Save money: Considering I want to go away more, this is a bit of a strange goal to have as going away costs money. However, I would like to save some money so I can start my future!

5. Read more books: As a child, I was always reading and I loved it. I still do, but unfortunately these days I don't always get the time!

6. Get back in to blogging: My blogging has sucked recently! I've contemplated giving up my blog and I've also contemplated giving it a complete revamp in order to get my mojo - BUT I still love it and want to write more and share more random stuff with you guys! <3

7. Do what makes me happy: For as long as I can remember, I've spent my life doing what I feel I should do, and not what I want to. 2014 is the time for change. From now on, I'm going to do whatever makes me happy and not give a shit what others think about that!

8. Get a hot beach body: Pretty sure this is on everyones list, right!?

9. Remember important birthdays and send cards: I am RUBBISH at remembering birthdays... They may be written in my diary, but it'll get to said persons birthday and I'll think 'shit, I've not got a card...' I need to be more organised.

10. Use my camera more: I have a decent camera but I never use it. I love photography and I love snapping away at small aspects of life and pretty things, but since September, I havent picked up my camera once! This saddens me, so I am going to document more things of 2014

11. Invest in a pair of Tango shoes: I'm a tango dancer. I'm a tango dancer that doesnt own tango shoes. Weird huh? I have latin and ballroom shoes, jazz shoes, ballet shoes etc, but not a pair of tango shoes. They are so beautiful, but so expensive! I never invested in them before, because until this year, I had a love/hate relationship with Argentine Tango, but now I need a pair.

So, there we go - They are my goals for 2014. What are yours?

Love and stuff
Soph
x

4 comments:

  1. OOh that is a lot of goals, good look with those and yep I would also love a bikini body, rather than one Greenpeace is always on the look out for x
    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is - but some of them should be fairly easy to achieve... I don't like setting myself 2 or 3 unrealistic goals! haha... Oh, don't be so harsh on yourself! I'm sure that's not true in the slightest. x

      Delete
  2. Hi Sophie, how are you? I hope you are well. Happy New year and hopefully we can tango our way through 2014 ;)

    http://www.annanuttall.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna,
      I'm good thank you - Hope you are too... Here's to Tangoing through the new year!!

      Delete